Personal Injury FAQs - House Law LLC

Schedule a free consultation: 816-875-4260

Schedule a free consultation:


Proudly Serving the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area in Missouri and Kansas

Aaron House
  View the Menu

Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions

  • How long do I have to file a lawsuit if I have been injured?
    • Missouri, Kansas, and other jurisdictions each have various statutes of limitations that affect how long you have to file a lawsuit after you have been injured. The applicable statute of limitations depends on the type of injury. One of the first things we do when meeting with a new client is determine the applicable statute of limitations. If you meet with us, we’ll quickly provide you with that information. Regardless of the statute of limitation that could apply to your claim, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as you can after you have been injured so that you can obtain optimum results.
  • How much will it cost to hire House Law LLC for my personal injury claim?
    • House Law LLC handles personal injury claims on a contingency fee basis, which generally means that you do not owe anything unless there is a recovery.
  • How do I know if I need a lawyer?
    • The best way to find out whether you need a lawyer is by calling us to set up an appointment. We offer free consultations to people with potential personal injury claims. If you are unable to travel due to the severity of your injuries, we do make house calls. Please call us to discuss your claim.
  • I fell down on someone else’s property. Are they responsible for my injuries?
    • Sometimes. This kind of case is usually considered a premises liability claim. In order for a court to find the owner of the property liable for your injuries, you must prove that the condition was dangerous for individuals, that the owner of the property knew of the danger, and that the owner had ample time to fix the dangerous condition, but failed to do so. House Law LLC has experience handling premises liability cases. We will give your case an honest evaluation and will fight to hold negligent property owners responsible for your injuries.
  • What happens if a driver without insurance hits me and injures me?
    • Typically, a negligent driver’s insurer will pay for the medical expenses and property damage related to an auto accident, although in doing so insurers often attempt to deny a claim or undermine the actual injuries. But when the negligent driver does not carry insurance or doesn’t carry enough insurance, House Law LLC will help you to seek uninsured or underinsured coverage from your own insurer. This can quickly become a complicated process and you own insurance company will often try to provide you with little or no compensation. You have insurance for a reason, and you should be compensated when you are injured because of another’s negligence. Contact us today so we can help you get as much compensation as possible.
  • Is the owner of a dog that attacked me liable for my injuries?
    • Typically yes. Dog bite law varies from state to state, and you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible after you were attacked. As long as the victim did not provoke the animal and was not trespassing, the victim may pursue a claim against the owner of the dog and/or the owner of the property for the damages suffered, including medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, future medical procedures, and therapy.
  • What is a defective product liability claim?
    • If you are injured or suffer other damages because of a product you used, you may be able to file a lawsuit to recover for your injuries and damages. This type of lawsuit is a product liability claim. House Law LLC has experience litigating product liability cases. These types of claims can result in a great deal of compensation. House Law LLC can evaluate your claim and guide you in the right direction.
  • I believe the death of my loved one was caused by someone’s negligence. What do I do?
    • In this difficult situation, it is best to contact us as soon as possible. Once that happens, we will be able to analyze the claim and help determine whether another person or company is responsible. We can also help determine the applicable statute of limitations and will begin investigating the claim as quickly as possible.
  • Who can bring a wrongful death suit?
    • Each state’s law differs regarding who can bring a wrongful death lawsuit. Most often, the first in line to bring such an action would be the surviving spouse, children or grandchildren. Parents of the deceased can usually also bring the lawsuit. If the claim involves the death of a child, it is most often the parents who file the claim. If the deceased has no surviving spouse, children, grandchildren, or parents, then a sibling can file the suit. If there is no surviving sibling, a personal representative can file suit on behalf of the deceased person’s estate. Please contact House Law LLC today to discuss your claim.

“He also made me feel like he cared about me as a person outside of just being my lawyer”

“I cannot speak highly enough”

“We would highly recommend them”

“Truly a person you can trust and confide in”

“House Law LLC will be the firm I continue to use”

“We couldn’t be more satisfied”

“an outstanding attorney”

“compassionate, understanding, and willing to go the extra mile”

“the very pinnacle of integrity and professionalism”

kansas city personal injury lawyers Super Lawyers Best of the Bar Avvo Rating
  Email Us For a Response